School Resource Officer (SRO)
- Is a uniformed officer of the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office, who will be operating a marked police vehicle, and who is responsible for safety and security on the school property.
- The SRO will be responsible for providing a law enforcement role that will consist of enforcing state or local laws and ordinances. This may include making referrals to other county or state agencies that may be beneficial.
- They will form a relationship with the student body that creates a positive role between the two to prevent the numbers of students needing juvenile delinquency referrals.
- SRO’s are responsible for creating and maintaining a close partnership with open lines of communication between school officials, staff, students and parents/guardians.
- School officers will be responsible for handling calls for service, complaints, investigations and arrests within their assigned schools.
- SROs may also be required to give presentation on a variety of topics or teach the D.A.R.E curriculum in their assigned building.