“Language exerts hidden power, like a moon on tides.” -Rita Mae
The service of a certified Teacher of Speech and Hearing provides speech improvement services.
- Speech sound disorders – (difficulty pronouncing sounds)
- Language disorders – (difficulty understanding what they hear as well as expressing themselves with words?
- Cognitive – communication disorders (difficulty with thinking skills including perception, memory, awareness, reasoning, judgement, intellect and imagination)
- Stuttering (fluency) disorders – (interruption of the flow of speech that may include hesitations, repetitions, prolongations of sounds or words)
- Voice disorders – (quality of voice that may include hoarseness, nasality, volume)
Assistive technology assists students in the selection, acquisition or use of assistive technology devices (e.g., adaptive computer equipment, communication systems).