A Model Schools Program is designed to assist school districts in the effective integration of instructional technology that is aligned with their technology plan. This service is designed to assist school districts in the effective integration of technology with instruction.
The Model Schools Service, in combination with the Instructional Technology Service, will provide awareness, staff development, and planning support to our 16 component districts to facilitate the effective use of instructional technology. CEWW BOCES will bring districts together to explore common needs as well as explore and implement high impact technology use in the classroom to increase student outcomes.
CEWW BOCES staff and consultants will be available to support districts in the development and implementation of technology plans. It is expected that this support will include:
- Assist with the planning process
- Consultation with district staff
- Assist with the assessment of hardware and software needs
- Providing access to a resource that includes examples of plans
CEWW BOCES may provide opportunities for the use of instructional technology through, but not limited to, the following ways:
- Sponsor regular sharing sessions among classroom teachers across content areas and grade levels demonstrating the integration of technology and the curriculum.
- Preview and demonstrate software and other media that support instruction.
- Provide information to superintendents, assistant superintendent of instruction, educational technology leaders, principals, teachers, and other selected staff on the use of technology to support learning to enable them to be leaders in this area.
- Create a support team of leaders to help guide and support districts in the use of instructional technology
- Identify resources for technology support including higher education, and business
- Develop demonstration classrooms in districts that may be used to highlight effective use of technology
- Develop a resource list of teachers and other staff who can share effective uses of technology
- Develop a catalog of competencies that are already present in the CEWW BOCES area
- Develop a resource that will share effective uses of technology
- Assist districts in understanding how to prepare students to use the New York State Testing platform.
Susanne Ford-Croghan, Model Schools Administrator 518-957-2361
Rebecca Banker, Model Schools Educational Technology Coach
Public Catalog | WinCapWeb Professional Development
CVES Model Schools site link
Computer Science and Digital Fluency Standards
WSWHE BOCES Model Schools site