New Visions: Medical Careers has a selective admission process. Applications are required and available on our website and through your school guidance offices.
- Clinton Community College
- North Country Community College
1-Year Program – Seniors Only
UVM CVPH in Plattsburgh & UVM Elizabethtown
The New Visions: Medical Careers Program is an academically rigorous one-year exploratory program for selected college-bound seniors planning to major in a field of study such as pre-med, chemistry, biology or other allied health fields. The academic curriculum is combined with practical, applied work experience as students observe health care professionals at one of the area’s medical facilities. Learn what the health care field is really about by working alongside the professionals and their patients.
- Unique inside view of health care
- Acquire the skills necessary to be successful in college and as a professional
- Intense, comprehensive coursework
- Opportunities to enhance:
- written and oral fluency
- group and leadership skills – analytical and creative perspectives
- study skills/habits
- personal accountability
- College-like atmosphere