New Visions: Medical Careers has a selective admission process. Applications are required and available on our website and through your school guidance offices.
- Albany College of Pharmacy offers $10,000 scholarship for students who participate in the program
- Dual Enrollment: Advanced Placement Credits through Clinton Community College &North Country Community College
1-Year Program – Seniors Only
Plattsburgh Main Campus & Mineville Campus
The New Visions: Medical Careers Program is an academically rigorous one-year exploratory program for selected college-bound seniors planning to major in a field of study such as pre-med, chemistry, biology or other allied health fields. The academic curriculum is combined with practical, applied work experience as students observe health care professionals at one of the area’s medical facilities. Learn what the health care field is really about by working alongside professionals and their patients.
- Unique inside view of health care
- Intense, comprehensive coursework
- Acquire the skills necessary to be successful in college and as a professional
- Opportunities to enhance:
- written and oral fluency
- group and leadership skills – analytical and creative perspectives
- study skills/habits
- personal accountability
- College-like atmosphere
New Visions: Medical Careers is for high school seniors only.
Campus locations: UVM Plattsburgh & UVM Elizabethtown & Boquet Valley CSD Mountain View Campus