- This event has passed.
Wilson Reading System Introductory Course – Day 2 of 3
February 24 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm EST
Workshop: Wilson Reading System Introductory Course
Dates: February 23, 24 & 25, 2021
Times: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm all days
Presenter: Marjorie Edwards (Stern Center for Language and Learning)
Location: Virtual Workshop (Weblink will be sent with reminders)
Cost: $395 cost per participants (based on 20 participants) for entire workshop
Wilson Reading System Introductory Course
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define dyslexia and describe common characteristics.
- Explain the process of identifying appropriate students and placing them in the Wilson Reading System.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential and cumulative, engaging multiple learning modalities with multisensory techniques, repetition and feedback.
- Create an optimal learning environment, prepare a lesson plan and practice techniques.
- Understand the key components of instruction and presentation of lessons in three days.
Day 1 –Word Study/Foundational Reading Skills
Day 2 –Spelling /Foundational Writing Skills
Day 3 –Fluency/Comprehension
2020-21 WinCapWeb Professional Development Catalog (opens in a new tab)