View and Print Registration Form
Objectives of the Workshop
- Engage in facilitated discussion with other administrators, faculty, and support staff to see how implementation of policies, training programs, and other resources has gone in their districts.
- Refresher on basic knowledge, language and terminology used for transgender/gender non-conforming individuals.
- Identify additional tools for intervention in cases of student or staff discrimination and/or harassment.
- Identify additional best practices for faculty and support staff to support transgender and gender non-conforming students, their families, and other students.
- Learn about the updates to the NYSED Guidelines for Trans & Gender Non-Conforming Students and how K-12 districts have utilized these guidelines as tools for additional policies and procedures.
- Receive additional content/curriculum faculty and support staff can utilize to assist transgender, gender non-conforming students, and their peers.
- Updates on local and national resources related to transgender and gender non-conforming students, family resources, and other resources related to gender identity and expression.