- This event has passed.
Networking Day for Administrators – A Day of Learning and Connecting
July 19, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm$200
Audience: Superintendents, Coordinators, Administrators, Directors, Assistant Administrators, CSE Chairs …
$200 per Participant based on 30, 8-8:30 am
Registration, 8:30 am – 3:00 pm workshop with lunch included at Instructional Services.
Join us on July 19, 2018 for a “Day of Learning and Connecting” based on your input from the spring survey. The prioritized top three areas were social emotional learning, mental health and social media. The other topics have been moved to Gearing Up on August 21st. This day will be a beginning of our building and reinforcing community communication across our schools to meet the increasing issues of our students and families. The day is planned with a key note speaker and round table discussions (as requested) throughout the day.
8:00-8:30 AM Registration
8:30-8:45 AM Welcome
8:45-9:45 AM Dave Melnick, The Power of Social Emotional Learning to Address Mental Health Issues in our Schools
9:50-10:30 AM Round Table 1
10:30-10:45 AM Break
10:45-11:25 AM Round Table 2
11:30 AM – 12:15 PM Lunch
12:20 – 1:00 PM – Group Activity with Greg Dahlen
1:05-1:45 PM Round Table 3
1:50-2:40 PM Full Group Computer Crimes Presentation, Computer Crime Unit Investigator
2:45-3:00 PM Reflection Time
Round Table Facilitators & Topics:
A more detailed description of each round table topic will be sent before the workshop.
- Dave Melnick, LCSW, Director of Outpatient Services, NFI Vermont – Trauma Informed Schools
- Liz Cole, Director of School-based & Clinic Services, BHSN (AM Only) – Presentation of Services
- Bonnie Black, Director, EAS, BHSN – Resources for suicide prevention, interventions and postventions
- Tom Bull, Counselor, Peru Central School & Kim Denton, Counselor CVES – Restorative Justice
- Greg Dahlen, BHSN – Adventure Based Counseling
- Richelle Gregory, Community Director, Child Advocacy Center – Child Advocacy Center, Services and Goals
- Christine Peters, Director of Social and Legal Services Clinton County – Services in CC
- Angie Allen, Director of Social Services Essex County – Services in EC
- Laurie Booth Trudo, Special Education Parent Network – Parent Resources
If you wish to attend one of our workshops, you must now register through WinCap. This will make it easier for you to track your Professional Development hours. To begin, please create a WinCap guest account (see PDF below for instructions). Then, you can sign in to the WinCapWeb Professional Development Catalog, and register for a workshop.