Ready, Set, Get Organized for Your National Board Certification Journey! (1 of 3)
June 29 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
Ready, Set, Get Organized for Your National Board Certification Journey!
Purpose: These virtual sessions provide educators* with the practical knowledge, skills, and tools needed to get organized and prepare for their National Board Certification journey.
– Session 1: The Fundamentals – (6/29)
- National Board Certification Process
- NYSED Albert Shanker Grant
- Five Core Propositions
- Architecture of Accomplished Teaching
– Session 2: NBPTS Standards Component 2 Differentiation in Instruction – (6/30)
- Standards for Accomplished Teaching
- Component 2 requirements
- Examine standard: “Knowledge of Students”
– Session 3: Component 2 Differentiation in Instruction – (7/1)
- Discuss and Analyze standards and scoring rubric
- Get Organized
NBCT Facilitators: Melissa Lavallee, Annette Romano & Becky Shuman
Registration Information: WinCap
*You do not need to be a registered NBPTS candidate to attend.
Certification Funding Support available through the NYSED Albert Shanker Grant
This professional learning experience has been made possible because of a NEA Grant and
collaboration with the NBCNY Network and CVES.