Initial Lead Teacher Evaluator Training – Day 3, Part 2 of 2
January 11, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm EST
Workshop: Initial Lead Teacher Evaluator Training – Day 3, Part 2 of 2
*Day 2 – October 12, 2021
*Day 3 – PART I – October 19, 2021
*Day 3 – PART II – January 11, 2022
*Attendance at Gearing Up 2021-22 in August 2021, will count as Day 1 of this training.
Presenters: Sarah Paquette and Bonnie Berry
Workshop time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (registration: 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.)
Location: CVES Instructional Services Center
518 Rugar Street, Plattsburgh, NY
Cost: $175 daily charge per participant
Lunch is provided
For those administrators that were unable to attend Gearing Up in August, please consider attending Day 2 or Day 3 to serve as your re-certification day for those administrators who have already been trained to be Lead Evaluators. If you already attended Gearing Up in August, you will need to enroll for Days 2 and 3.
This workshop is for administrators who will be evaluating staff under APPR 3012-d.
This session is ONLY for those Lead Teacher Evaluators who have never received training on the evaluation of teachers using one of the approved NYS rubrics (new administrators). This session will satisfy all 9 required elements for certification as a Lead Teacher Evaluator.
The 9 Required Elements set forth by the New York State Education Department include:
1. New York State Teaching Standards and their related elements and performance indicators and the Leadership Standards and their related functions, as applicable.
2. Evidence-based observation techniques that are grounded in research.
3. Application and use of the student growth percentile model and the value-added growth model as defined in section 30-2.2 of this Subpart.
4. Application and use of the State-approved teacher or principal rubric(s) selected by the district or BOCES for use in evaluations, including training on the effective application of such rubrics to observe a teacher or principal’s practice.
5. Application and use of any assessment tools that the school district or BOCES utilize to evaluate its classroom teachers or building principals, including but not limited to, structured portfolio reviews; student, parent, teacher and/or community surveys; professional growth goals and school improvement goals, etc.
6. Application and use of any State-approved locally selected measures of student achievement used by the school district or BOCES to evaluate its teachers or principals.
7. Use of the Statewide Instructional Reporting System.
8. The scoring methodology utilized by the Department and/or the district or BOCES to evaluate a teacher or principal under this Subpart, including how scores are generated for each subcomponent and the composite effectiveness score and application and use of the scoring ranges prescribed by the Commissioner for the four designated rating categories used for the teacher’s or principal’s overall rating and their subcomponent ratings.
9. Specific considerations in evaluating teachers and principals of English language learners and students with disabilities.
2021-22 WinCapWeb Professional Development Catalog (opens in a new tab)