- This event has passed.
ELA Learning Academy
March 3 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm EST$95
Workshop time: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm (registration: 8:00 – 8:30 am)
Presenter: Cheryl Dodds & Amanda Zullo
Location: CVES Instructional Services Center, Plattsburgh, NY
Cost: $95 per participant
TECHNOLOGY: PLEASE BRING A LAPTOP IF POSSIBLE
The purpose of the learning academies is to harness the power of our educators to build capacity within their districts. It will be an opportunity to collaborate, network, and share expertise with colleagues around the NYS Next Generation ELA and Math Learning Standards. Districts are asked to send a team, including teachers and at least one administrator.
- Focus on priority standards, unwrapping the skills needed for proficiency.
- Gain insight into what is working well for educators.
- Learn new practices for improving student achievement.
- Engage in curriculum conversations.
- Share instructional methods.
- Gain a deeper understanding of NYS Standards.
- Explore and share curriculum alignment resources and strategies for the alignment process.
If you wish to attend one of our workshops, you must now register through WinCap. This will make it easier for you to track your Professional Development hours. To begin, please create a WinCap guest account (see PDF below for instructions). Then, you can sign in to the WinCapWeb Professional Development Catalog, and register for a workshop.