- This event has passed.
District & Building Leadership PBIS Overview & Planning Workshop
January 13 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm EST$185
Presenter: Diane LaMaster from Midwest PBIS Network
Location: CVES Instructional Services Center, Plattsburgh
Cost: $185 per participant
This one-day introduction will bring district and building leaders together to explore critical components of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), an MTSS framework for climate, culture, social, emotional, and behavioral outcomes. PBIS is the most researched and developed MTSS framework. Through the use of activities and dialogue, leaders will acquire knowledge and build upon what is already known, to make informed decisions about next steps in improving the systems of support in place to positively impact student behavior.
Participants will also learn about coaching and team facilitation roles, use of behavioral data for decision-making, and progress-monitoring for fidelity of implementation and student outcomes.
Who is this session for?
School Board Members
Directors of Special Education
Other District Personnel
PBIS District-based Coach/Coordinator
Tier 1 School-based Coach
Participants can expect to explore:
- Why is the district Implementing PBIS?
- What are the key concepts of PBIS?
- Organize the data for decision-making and progress monitoring
- What training/support is planned for schools? Who should participate?
- Begin Aligning Initiatives
- Role of the District-based coach, coordinator, and leadership team
- Support and lead their school PBIS teams during Tier 1 Team Training
- Plan for team training and implementation
- Plan for the professional development of school staff
- Prepare for measuring the fidelity of PBIS implementation using the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI)
If you wish to attend one of our workshops, you must now register through WinCap. This will make it easier for you to track your Professional Development hours. To begin, please create a WinCap guest account (see PDF below for instructions). Then, you can sign in to the WinCapWeb Professional Development Catalog, and register for a workshop.