Classroom Practices Using the PBIS Framework Grades 6-12
March 12 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm EDT$200
Presenter: Diane LaMaster from Midwest PBIS Network
Location: CVES Instructional Services Center, Plattsburgh
Cost: $200 per participant
Note: Classroom practices are critical to implementation of PBIS, and are integrated into the successful implementation of behavior supports across all three tiers. Tier I Team Training includes the integration of 3 of the key classroom practices and their inter-connectedness to school-wide practices. See the Tier I Team Training modules for more information.
This Classroom Practice specific 1 day training will provide a more detailed look at all six of the classroom practices. Coaches, administrators, team members, and other classroom practice leaders engage in the professional learning necessary to install and coach the six identified classroom practices/components in a systemic, efficient, and effective way. This will include:
1) Providing training to school staff,
2) Using the snapshots as self-assessment, peer-assessment, and walk through data to assess implementation of the components, and
3) Providing support to staff where data or staff request indicate further need.
Who Should Participate: External Coaches, Administrators, Teacher Leaders identified by Dist/Coop/ROE as trainers/coaches of classroom practices.
Participants can expect to leave being able to:
- Create a system for supporting teachers through coaching the classroom component module
- Identify the practices within the classroom components
- Be prepared to collect data specific to the module
- Identify and provide technical assistance to teachers in need of more support
- Train the 6 components to school/district staff
If you wish to attend one of our workshops, you must now register through WinCap. This will make it easier for you to track your Professional Development hours. To begin, please create a WinCap guest account (see PDF below for instructions). Then, you can sign in to the WinCapWeb Professional Development Catalog, and register for a workshop.